All incoming Penn College students are strongly advised to meet the CDC and American College Health Association immunization guidelines prior to starting classes. (Penn College Health Services provides immunizations on a fee-for-service basis.)
All students are required to complete the following immunization series
Measles, Mumps, and Rubella
All college students born after 1956 without lab evidence of disease. 2 doses of MMR at least 28 days apart after 12 months of age.
Childhood series: 5-dose series at 2, 4, 6, 15–18 months, 4–6 years. Adolescents age 11–12 years: 1 dose Tdap. A Td vaccine booster is required if it has been greater than ten years since the Tdap was administered.
3-dose series given at 0, 1–2, 6–18 months of age
Varicella (Chicken Pox)
Without history of disease, 2-dose series: 12–15 months, 4–6yrs.
Meningococcal (Meningitis), MCV4:
2-dose series: 11–12 years, 16 years. One dose must be on or after 16th birthday. Mandatory for on campus housing residents.
Meningococcal Serogroup B
Bexsero: 2-dose series at least 1 month apart. Trumenba: 3-dose series at 0, 1–2, 6 months. (Note: This vaccine alone does not satisfy the Meningococcal Housing Requirement.
Tuberculosis (TB) Screening (International students only)
All international students arriving in the United States within the past five years from countries with endemic Tuberculosis must meet Penn College's Tuberculosis (TB) screening (PPD skin testing, Quantiferon TB Gold or T-spot, and/or chest X-ray) requirement. This requirement is in keeping with current CDC guidelines.
- The Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Requirement (for international students) cannot be declined.
Submitting Your Immunization Records
|1||Log in to myHealth Online using your Penn College network username and password.|
|2||Select 'Immunizations' from the menu bar or 'To Do List'.|
|3||Scroll to the immunization record(s) you wish to submit and enter the date(s) the immunization was administered.|
|4||After ALL dates have been entered, click 'Submit'.|
Provide documentation of your immunization records. All records must include your full name, date of birth, and student ID number.
Through myHealth Online:
Select 'Upload' from the menu bar and follow the instructions.
If you receive an error when uploading documents, try the following:
If this does not resolve your issue, contact email@example.com with a detailed explanation of the problem you are experiencing.
Submitting to College Health Services:
If you are unable to upload your documentation through myHealth Online, you may submit it to College Health Services via:
Documentation of your immunizations require the signature of your medical provider. You can download the forms below to take to your medical provider. (Medical provider forms are also accepted for documentation. Please ensure your full name, date of birth, and student ID number are on the forms.)
- Based on a recent Pennsylvania statute for educational institutions, you have five days to submit documentation. Penn College will evaluate compliance weekly.
- If you have a medical contraindication to any of Penn College's immunization requirements, submit a letter of explanation, signed by both you and your medical provider.
- Waiver forms are available to those students who have a strong personal objection to vaccination with one or more of the required vaccines. Please be aware that if a communicable disease outbreak occurs, those who are not properly vaccinated or have a waiver due to a personal or religious belief will be the first to be asked to leave campus for their own safety.
- For information about specific vaccinations, see the CDC vaccine information statements.