Yield: one pint
- 3 each large boiled tomatoes, skin removed in boiling water, cooled
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 tsp. chopped green chili pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. carrots, very finely chopped
- 2 tsp. spring onion, very finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ginger, chopped fine
- 1 tsp. corn flour
- 7-8 each mint leaves, finely chopped
- to taste salt
- to taste ground black & white pepper
- to taste fresh chopped mint leaves
- to taste butter
- In a food processor, blend tomato and chili until a fine paste is formed. Put in small saucepan with butter and boil until mixture is uniformly red.
- Add sugar, mint leaves, chopped spring onions, carrots and ginger paste and corn flour. Stir until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Season to taste with salt. Garnish with some chopped mint leaves, white pepper, black pepper and butter. Serve hot.