Yield: four servings
- 1 each large eggplant, skinned, sliced into 1/4' lengthwise slices
- 1 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. chopped-together parsley and chives
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. light olive oil
- Combine all of the ingredients and pour over the eggplant. Marinate overnight (at least four hours).
- Cook on a pre-heated grill over medium heat for about five minutes each side. The eggplant will get dark brown and lightly crisp on the outside, and soft in the center.