Yield: two portions
- 12 each large shrimp, raw, tail shell, feet shell and sand vein removed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. clarified butter
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped garlic
- 1/4 c. brandy or white wine (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- as needed salt and ground black pepper
- Heat a large sauté pan over high heat. Add the olive oil and the butter. Add the shrimp, tossing repeatedly for about 3 minutes until the shrimp are cooked on all sides.
- Add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the brandy or white wine away from the heat source. Return to the heat and allow the alcohol to burn off and dissipate (this takes about 30 seconds).
- Add the fresh chopped parsley and salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with your favorite rice or pasta.