Yield: eight, 10 oz. servings
- 8 lb. boneless prime rib of beef, tail fat trimmed
- 1 c. Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 c. garlic, fresh chopped
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. black pepper, coarse ground
- Rub seasonings into meat. This can be done 1 day in advance.
- Place a roasting rack in the bottom of the roasting pan that you will cook the prime rib in. Place the rib on top of the rack. Place the rib in a pre-heated 325°F oven for approximately 2 hours, or until the internal temperature on a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the roast reads 130°F this is medium rare).
- Remove the prime rib from the pan and allow it to sit on top of the oven for 1/2 hour to let the meat rest. This will allow the natural juices in the meat to relax and return to the entire roast, giving a juicier, more flavorful roasted prime rib.