Yield: four portions
- 1 each large sweet potato or yam, skin on, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces widthwise
- 1 head broccoli, cut into spears
- 1/2 c. fresh garlic, chopped fine
- 1/2 c. olive oil, virgin
- 1/2 c. mixed fresh herbs, chopped
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Toss the vegetables with the garlic, oil, herbs, salt and pepper.
- On the upper rack over medium-high heat or over medium-low heat on the lower rack, grill the vegetables with the cover down until they are tender and golden brown to lightly charred.