Yield: twelve pancakes
- 1/2 c. wild rice
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1/3 c. carrot, small diced
- 1/3 c. Spanish onion, small diced
- 1/3 c. celery, small diced
- 1 each scallion, small diced
- 1/4 c. melted butter
- 1 each large egg
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. flour, all purpose
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- Boil the water and add rice. Simmer covered for about 45 minutes or until rice is plumped and half the kernels open. Cool.
- Cook the vegetables in the butter until tender. Cool.
- Combine the rice with the vegetables and the egg and milk. Add the flour and stir until smooth.
- Cook 1/4 c. portions of the rice batter in a little butter in a hot skillet or no-stick fry pan until lightly browned on both sides.
- Serve the cakes with your favorite entrée.