Yield: eight portions
- 8 lb. beef rib eye, butterflied
- 7 each habanera peppers, seeds and pulp removed
- 1 lb. mandarin oranges slices
- to taste Tabasco
- 5 oz. Spanish paprika
- 5 oz. light brown sugar
- 1 c. sweet onion, medium dice
- 1 c. celery, medium dice
- 1 each green pepper, medium dice
- 10 oz. Grand Marnier Liquor
- 10 oz. beef bouillon
- 3 oz. cornstarch
- 3 oz. water
- Place 5 habaneras in the butterfly cut rib eye. Layer mandarin oranges over peppers and drizzle with Tabasco. Roll the roast up and tie it with butchers twine. Coat the roast completely with paprika and brown sugar.
- Place extra habaneras and oranges and vegetables in a roasting pan.
- Sear the roast until browned well. Place roast on vegetables.
- Roast in a preheated 325°F oven until the roast is cooked to medium well, about 150°F internal temperature with a meat thermometer. Remove roast from pan.
- Add water and Grand Marnier to vegetables and let simmer. Make slurry out of the cornstarch and cold water. Add slurry to vegetable sauce, let thicken and reduce to a sauce consistency.
- Serve roast with the pan sauce.