Yield: four portions
Step 1 - New York Strip
- 4 each New York strip steaks, about 8 oz. each
- 4 Tbsp. herb and spice steak seasoning
- 8 Tbsp. herbed Boursin cheese
Step 2 - Vegetables
- 1/2 c. red bell pepper, julienne thin
- 1/2 c. green bell pepper, julienne thin
- 1/2 c. Spanish onion, julienne thin
- 2 Tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. clarified butter
Step 3 - Bacon
- 12 each slices, bacon, hickory smoked
Step 4 - Boursin Brown Sauce
- 1 1/2 c. beef stock
- 2 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c. cold water
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. herbed Boursin cheese
Step 1 - New York Strip procedure:
- Rub the steaks with the seasoning and pound to flatten each one.
- Spread equal amounts of the Boursin cheese on each steak.
Step 2 - Vegetables procedure:
- Sauté the vegetables and garlic in butter until they are bright in color and just cooked. Cool.
- Lay the vegetables on the cheese side of the steak. Roll the steak around the vegetables, creating a pocket.
Step 3 - Bacon procedure:
- Wrap the bacon slices around the steak. Sear it over high heat and bake it in the oven at 350°F for about 7 minute until the meat is medium in doneness.
Step 4 - Boursin Brown Sauce procedure:
- Combine the water, bouillon, garlic and Worcestershire sauce over high heat in a small saucepot. Mix the cornstarch with the cold water into a smooth paste. When the stock boils, whisk in the cornstarch mixture a little at a time until a sauce forms that will coat the back of a spoon. Add the cheese, whisking until it is dissolved.
- Serve the steak sliced into portions, topped with sauce.