Yield: four portions
- 1 each 6 oz. cold water lobster tails, blanched in boiling water, tail meat removed and sliced
- 1/4 c. clarified butter
- 1/4 c. shallots, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, chopped fine
- 1/2 c. carrots, julienne thin
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. Yellow Delicious apples, sliced thin
- 1/4 c. button mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped fine
- as needed salt
- as needed ground white pepper
- Add the sliced lobster tail meat to a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté for 1 minute, then add the shallots, ginger and carrots. Sauté for about 30 seconds until the carrots appear to soften. Add the cream and wine and simmer over high heat for about 2 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly. Add the apples, mushrooms, and the parsley. Season the lobster 'stew' with salt and pepper.
- Serve in individual baking dishes or shallow soup bowls with your favorite rice and vegetable, or in a ring of thick mashed potatoes shaped like a lobster tail, garnished with the fan of the lobster’s tail.