Yield: two dinner portions
- 1/2 lb. fresh pasta, fettuccine cut
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 each bacon strips, cooked crisp, crumbled
- 1/4 lb. Parmesan cheese block, shredded (or 1 C. grated Parmesan cheese)
- to taste fresh ground pepper
- Cook the fresh pasta in rapidly boiling, oiled water for about 45 seconds. Because it is not dried, it will be tender, with the starches set, in this very short time. Drain it using a colander and chill it with ice cold water.
- Heat a large frying pan and melt the butter in it. When the butter begins to bubble and froth, add the pasta. Stir the pasta for about 1 minute until it is coated with the butter and it just begins to stick to the bottom of the pan. Add the heavy cream and the bacon, stirring until the cream just begins to boil.
- Add the parsley and the Parmesan cheese, turn off the heat and stir until the cheese melts.
- Serve the fettuccine on plates with additional Parmesan cheese and fresh ground pepper on top.