Yield: two dinner portions
- 1/2 lb. fresh pasta
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 c. fresh broccoli flowerettes
- 1/2 c. diced zucchini
- 1/4 c. sliced red bell peppers
- 1/4 c. sliced yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 c. fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/4 c. sun-dried tomatoes, soaked for 1/2 hour in hot water, sliced
- 1/4 c. fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- to taste salt and fresh ground pepper
- Cook the fresh pasta in rapidly boiling, oiled water for about 45 seconds. Because it is not dried, it will be tender, with the starches set, in this very short time. Drain it using a colander and chill it with ice cold water.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over high heat. Add the broccoli and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring to allow the broccoli to begin turning bright green without browning. Without removing the broccoli, add the zucchini, cooking the same as the broccoli for 2 minutes. Add the peppers and the mushrooms, repeating the same cooking process for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the sun dried tomatoes, cooking for one minute. Add the herbs and the fresh cooked pasta, tossing all the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Plate the pasta, and top the dish with the parmesan cheese and fresh ground pepper.