Yield: four portions
- 1 each package dried pasta (Barilla suggested), cooked according to manufacturer’s suggestions, cooled
- 1 lb. shrimp, raw, shells and sand vein removed
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, stripped
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, stripped and chopped
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. olive oil, for sautéing (additional may be added if pan appears too dry during cooking)
- 1/2 c. red onion, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp. chopped shallots
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped garlic
- 1/2 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 c. sun-dried tomatoes
- as needed fresh chopped parsley
- as needed grated Parmesan cheese
- as needed crushed red pepper flakes
- Marinate shrimp with the ingredients up to and including the salt.
- Add the olive oil to a large sauté pan over high heat and cook the onions, shallots and garlic for about 2 minutes until they just begin to soften. Add the mushrooms and the shrimp and continue cooking until the shrimp turn pink. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, lower the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- The pasta may be re-heated by tossing with the shrimp mixture, or by sautéing some additional garlic, sun- dried tomatoes and olive oil and tossing the pasta with it until it is warm.
- Place the pasta into a nice pasta bowl, pour the shrimp and any juice over it, and sprinkle with Parmesan and red pepper flakes. Serve with your favorite Italian bread.