Yield: four portions
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c. Spanish onion, chopped small
- 1 c. rice, long grain
- 2 c. water or chicken bouillon
- 1 each fresh thyme
- 1/2 c. chopped dried fruit pieces
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a small saucepot over medium high heat, sauté the onion in the butter for 1 minute. Add the rice and continue to sauté and stir until the rice is coated with the butter and translucent. Add the liquid and thyme sprig and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the fruit pieces, parsley, salt, and pepper, cover the pot and simmer for an additional 6 minutes, or until the rice is plump and all the liquid is evaporated. Remove from the heat. Keep covered and warm for service.