Yield: six portions
- 2 lb. pork loin, butterflied
- 1/2 c. molasses
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp. tamarind paste or fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Combine molasses, garlic, ginger, tamarind, salt and pepper thoroughly. Coat the pork thoroughly and marinate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Grill the pork, turning frequently, over medium heat for 5 minutes to brown, then move to indirect heat on the other side of the grill and finish cooking with the lid down for about 10 minutes with the same medium heat.
- Allow the pork to rest for about five minutes, then slice and serve with your favorite vegetable and potato or starch.