Yield: eight portions
Step 1 - Pork
- 4 lb. whole pork loin, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. 5 spice powder
- 1/2 c. fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, chopped fine
- 1 bun. rosemary, leaves stripped and chopped
- 2 c. pineapple juice
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1 tsp. Asian chili sauce
- 1/4 c. cream of coconut
Step 2 - Salad
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked
- 1 bun. broccoli, cut into small flowerets
- 1 each can baby corn, drained
- 1 c. shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bun. scallions, thin sliced
- 1 c. carrots, shredded
- 1 c. red sweet peppers, thin sliced
- 1 c. celery, bias sliced
Step 3 - Dressing
- 2 c. oriental dressing
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 c. hoisin sauce
- 1/2 c. black bean sauce
Step 4 - Garnish
- 1/4 bun. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
Step 1 - Pork procedure:
- Combine the dried spices in a bowl. Rub them into the surface of the pork. Combine the remaining liquid ingredients with the garlic and ginger. Pour them over the pork in a plastic or aluminum bowl. Cover and marinate at least 48 hours.
- When you are ready to roast the pork, remove it from the marinade and place it on a short-sided roasting pan or baking sheet. Roast it at 350°F for about 90 minutes, basting with the remaining marinade during the last 45 minutes if desired. Remove the pork from the oven and allow it to cool completely before slicing it.
Step 2 - Salad procedure:
- For the salad, toss all the vegetables with the spaghetti in a large bowl.
Step 3 - Dressing procedure:
- Combine the liquid ingredients and pour it over the vegetables, tossing to evenly coat them.
Step 4 - Garnish procedure:
- Slice the pork. Place the salad in the center of a serving tray and ring it with the pork loin. Garnish the platter with the toasted sesame seeds and chopped parsley.