Yield: two portions
- 1/4 c. salad oil
- 2 tsp. fresh garlic, chopped or 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 c. pork loin, cut into thin julienne strips
- 1 c. zucchini, cut into thin julienne strips
- 1/2 c. red sweet peppers, cut into thin julienne strips
- 1/2 c. shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps cut into julienne strips or button mushrooms
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. hoisin sauce
- 1/4 c. rice wine
- 1/2 c. water or chicken bouillon or chicken stock
- 1 c. instant quick cooked rice
- 1/4 c. parsley, chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Heat oil until very hot over high heat. Add the garlic and stir while it cooks until it turns light golden brown. Add the pork and stir, until the pork has separated, the steam from the pork has dissipated, and the pork has browned.
- Add the vegetables, cooking them over the high heat until they become bright. Add the liquids, spices and the hoisin sauce, stirring them until they are mixed in well and they come to a boil.
- Add the parsley and the rice, cover with a lid and turn off the heat. Follow the directions on the package for resting time for the rice.
- Fluff the entire dish to distribute the rice and serve with a smile.
- If you use dried garlic, you do not have to brown it. If you would like to use long grain rice, add the rice at the same time, turn the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.