Yield: six portions
- 1/2 c. Nicoise olives, washed, pits removed, sliced
- 1 c. Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 c. sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/4 c. fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 c. olive oil (varies with desired consistency)
- 1 1/2 lb. turkey breast, boneless and skinless, pounded if necessary to uniform thickness
- as needed wood grill smoking chips, soaked in water for at least 3 hours
- Puree the garlic, tomatoes, olives and olive oil in a food processor or with an immersion blender. You may vary the amount of oil depending on the consistency you would like the finished tapenade to be.
- Allow the turkey to marinate in tapenade at least 3 hours or overnight. Grill the turkey over medium high heat, adding wood chips just prior to the grilling process for the smoke flavor that you prefer. The turkey should take about 6 minutes on each side, rotating once to make grill marks, looking for clear juices that will run from the thickest part of the meat when you pierce it to rotate it after it is turned over.
- Serve the turkey with your favorite salad and dressing.