Yield: four portions
- 2 each large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/4 c. fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4 each chicken breast fillets, about 4 oz. each
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 c. butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 c. dry white wine
- 1/4 c. chicken broth
- 1 each lemon, juiced
- Beat the eggs, milk and Parmesan cheese together well. Mix the salt and pepper into the flour. Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour and then dip them into the egg mixture.
- Cook in the olive oil until they are lightly browned and just tender, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and pour off any extra oil. Coat the butter pieces with the flour and add them to the pan with the white wine. Add the chicken broth and lemon juice and stir and simmer for 1 minute until the liquid thickens slightly and is smooth.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, cover and simmer until the chicken is heated. Serve the breasts with the sauce poured over them and your favorite pasta.