Yield: two portions
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless turkey breast
- 1 bun. sage leaves, washed and dried, removed from stem
- 6 each bacon strips, raw
- 1/2 c. vinaigrette dressing (your choice)
- 6 each toothpicks, soaked in water 4 hours minimum
- Trim the turkey breast, and cut it into six pieces as evenly as possible with the grain of the meat. Shape each piece of turkey into a round with the cut flat sides bottom and top.
- Press two sage leaves on the outside of each turkey mignon and hold them in place by wrapping one strip of bacon around the outside of the turkey.
- Repeat this step for each turkey mignon. Secure each strip of bacon with a toothpick.
- Dip the wrapped turkey mignons into the dressing, and cook in a pre-heated grill unit with indirect medium heat, adding wood chips if desired, for 15 to 20 minutes, turning after 5 minutes. The turkey will becomes golden brown and the bacon will brown lightly. Checking for doneness: a meat thermometer will register 160°F at the thickest part of each mignon.