Yield: four portions
Step 1 - Lamb Chops
- 12 each lamb chops, cut 3 ribs together
- 2 tsp. flavored vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- as needed salt
- as needed ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
Step 2 - Pineapple
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 4 each slices pineapple, skin trimmed, sliced 1/4' thick and cut in half
- 3 Tbsp. sherry
- 1 c. brown sauce or gravy
Step 3 - Peppers
- 3 each medium green peppers, charred to remove the skin, washed and dried
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. fine shredded Cheddar cheese
Step 4 - Asparagus
- 12 each fresh asparagus spears, cooked al dente, shocked and chilled
- 2 Tbsp. butter
Step 1 - Lamb Chops procedure:
- Trim the lamb chops and marinate them with the basil, rosemary and vinegar. Fry the chops until golden on both sides over high heat in the olive oil. Roast them in a 375°F oven until they are cooked to your guests’ liking. Hold them warm.
Step 2 - Pineapple procedure:
- Pan-fry the sliced pineapple in the butter over medium heat for 1 minute. Turn and add the sherry. Cook for an additional 30 seconds and remove the pineapple to a plate. Add the gravy to the same pan and stir so it absorbs the rest of the sherry to make a pan sauce for the lamb chops.
Step 3 - Peppers procedure:
- Mix together the cheeses and coat the peppers with them. Place them into the oven for a few minutes until the cheese has melted and browned slightly.
Step 4 - Asparagus procedure:
- Sauté the asparagus in the butter over medium heat to heat it thoroughly.
- Plate the dish by placing the pineapple and gravy on the plate. Slice the chops and place them on top of the pineapple. Place the cheese pepper and asparagus attractively on the plate and serve hot!