Yield: one sandwich
- as needed softened butter
- 2 each slice of seeded rye bread
- 1 Tbsp. Spanish onion, fine diced
- 1 each slice of Muenster cheese
- 1 each slice of ham
- 4 each slice of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 each slice of American cheese
- as needed Dijon mustard
- as needed ketchup
- Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Butter slices of bread.
- Spread the opposite side of one slice of bread with the ketchup and mustard. Sprinkle on the onion. Then layer on the Muenster cheese, cheddar cheese, ham and American cheese.
- Lay the half-assembled sandwich into the pan, and then top with the second slice of buttered bread.
- Brown both sides of the sandwich nicely.
- Serve with your choice of creamy tomato soup!