Yield: four portions
- 1 lb. baking potatoes, sliced thin
- 1/2 c. clarified butter
- 1/2 c. Gruyère cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, fresh ground
- Slice potatoes just before you are going to fry them so that you do not need to put them in water and remove all their natural starch.
- Over high heat in a medium-size sauté pan, brown a layer of the potatoes in clarified butter on both sides.
- Remove the potatoes to a baking sheet and top with cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for five minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the cheese is melted and lightly browned.