Yield: Two, 10-inch cakes
- 2 each 9 oz. packages of chocloate cookie wafers, crushed
- 1/2 lb. salted butter, melted
- 1/2 c. mixed nuts, ground
- 2 lb. cream cheese, room
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 lb. real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 11/4 c. sour cream
- 5 each large eggs
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Combine the cookie crumbs, butter and nuts and press into a 10-inch spring-form pan or a 10-inch cake pan lined with waxed paper.
- On high speed in a mixer with a paddle, cream the cheese and sugar until it is light and fluffy, scraping the bowl at least once.
- Melt the chocolate over a water bath.
- Mixing with a whisk in a large bowl, beat the eggs and sour cream together completely, and then add heavy cream and the vanilla, mixing thoroughly.
- Add the sour cream mixture in three stages to the cream cheese, scraping the bowl after each addition.
- Whisk in the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the chocolate crust. Bake in a 350°F oven for one hour with a cake pan of water in the oven on a separate shelf. The cheesecake should be firm, except for the center two inches.
- Remove and cool, then chill until you are ready to serve.