Yield: four portions
- 1 each duck, washed, innards removed
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 1 each orange, cut in half
- 2 each sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Season the duck inside and out with the salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the orange juice over the outside of the duck and put the halves into the cavity with the rosemary.
- Roast on an oven rack at 425°F for 45 minutes. Decrease the oven temperature to 350°F and roast for an additional 45 minutes, or until the duck registers 165°F internal temperature (the leg pulls away from the body easily when moved).
- Allow the duck to rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- Serve with your favorite greens and rice.