Yield: four portions
- 1/3 c. carrot, small diced
- 1/3 c. Spanish onion, small diced
- 1/3 c. celery, small diced
- 1 each scallion, small diced
- 1/4 c. clarified butter
- 1/2 c. wild rice
- 1/4 c. parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. thyme, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. water
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper, fresh ground
- In a 3 qt. saucepot, sweat the vegetables in the butter. Add the rice and stir to coat the rice with the butter.
- Add the water, parsley and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and cover, simmering for about 30 minutes until the rice is just splitting open and tender.
- Season the rice and serve hot.