Yield: four, 4 oz. portions
- 1/2 c. wheat bread, toasted, crumbed
- 1/4 c. blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chives, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp. clarified butter
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, fresh ground
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. beef tenderloin, trimmed
- to taste ground black pepper
- to taste salt
- 2 Tbsp. virgin olive oil
- 1 c. beef stock
- 2 Tbsp. Madeira wine
- Combine the toasted breadcrumbs, blue cheese, parsley, chives, butter, salt and pepper.
- Cut the tenderloin into four equal portions.
- Sear the beef on both sides until well-browned.
- Place the seared meat on a sizzle platter or small baking sheet. Top the medallions with the cheese mixture. Roast in 350°F oven until desired doneness is reached.
- Deglaze the skillet with the Madeira and let it reduce slightly. Add the beef stock and bring sauce to a simmer. Strain sauce if necessary.
- Serve the beef on top of your favorite potato and with a green leafy vegetable, surrounded by the sauce.