Yield: eight portions
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh garlic, chopped fine
- 1/2 c. jalapeno chilies, seeded
- 1/2 c. olive oil, virgin
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. fresh parsley, rough chopped
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- 1/2 c. fresh oregano, stripped, rough chopped
- 1/4 c. white vinegar
- 1 bun. fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano, stripped, rough chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. thyme, stripped, rough chopped
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper, ground
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. Spanish onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. garlic, chopped fine
- 1 c. white vinegar
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 4 lb. sirloin steak, trimmed of
Chimichurri Sauce procedure:
- Purée all the sauce ingredients (except vinegar) together with the oil.
- Add the vinegar, continuing to purée until the sauce is smooth. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Churrasco Steak procedure:
- Cover the steaks with the marinade and marinate at least three hours or overnight.
- Grill the steak to your desired doneness. Allow the steak to rest for five minutes before you slice it.
- Serve the chilled sauce over the sliced meat at service, along with your favorite vegetable and slices of fresh crusty bread.