Yield: twelve portions
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 6 each egg yolks
- 1 pt. white wine, dry or sweet
- as needed fresh mint sprigs
- Combine all three ingredients thoroughly in a stainless steel or non-reactive bowl. Place the egg mixture in the bowl over a water bath set on medium-high heat. Whisk vigorously until egg mixture turns lighter in color, expanding in volume. It will be thick and coat the back of a spoon after about five to seven minutes of cooking.
- Pour the thickened mixture over fresh fruit and serve warm, or chill and fold with whipped cream and serve cold.
- Garnish with fresh mint if desired.