Yield: six portions
- 1/2 c. clarified butter
- 1/2 c. Spanish onion, chopped fine
- 1 c. crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 c. button or porcini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 c. arborio rice
- 4 1/2 c. chicken bouillon or water
- 1/2 c. Fontina cheese, grated
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. chives, minced
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped fine
- as needed salt
- as needed ground black pepper
- Over medium heat, sauté onions and mushrooms in butter until they are soft.
- Add rice and stir until glazed.
- Add two cups of the broth and continue to cook, stirring frequently, and add the remaining broth after the rice absorbs the initial broth. The finished risotto should be soft in texture, creamy and porridge like in consistency.
- Blend in cheeses and herbs.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. The risotto may be held covered, with additional broth added if it becomes too stiff.