Yield: four dessert portions
- 1 c. cooked long grain rice
- 1 c. milk
- 1 1/4 c. light brown sugar or coarse processed brown sugar granules
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom, ground
- 3 c. thick coconut milk
- to taste chashew nuts, toasted
- to taste black raisins
- as needed salted butter
- Boil milk. Add cooked rice and stir. Continue cooking until the rice has absorbed most of the milk and become creamy.
- Combine the milk, brown sugar, cardamom and coconut milk. Stir continuously over medium heat until the mixture is thick. Add to the rice and cool.
- Stir in cashew nuts and raisins to the rice and milk mixture.