Yield: four portions
- 1/4 lb. barley
- 1 qt. water
- 1/2 c. butter, salted, block, clarified
- 1/4 c. Spanish onions, small dice
- 1/4 c. green peppers, small dice
- 1/4 c. red peppers, small dice
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, fresh, chopped
- to taste salt, table
- to taste black pepper, ground
- Simmer the barley until it is soft. Drain the water, rinsing the barley with cold water to remove all the starch. Reserve.
- Sauté onions and peppers in butter until they are soft.
- Add the barley to the vegetables and cook until the barley is re-heated.
Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.