Yield: four portions
- 1/2 c. red bell peppers, cut into scallop sized pieces
- 1/2 c. green bell peppers, cut into scallop-sized pieces
- 1/2 c. yellow bell peppers, cut into scallop-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 lb. fresh sea scallops, dry pack preferred
- 1 each lemon, juiced
- 1 each lime, juiced
- 1/4 c. olive oil, virgin
- 1/4 c. fresh chives, minced
- 1/4 c. fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 8 whole white mushrooms, washed, dried immediately
- Bring a medium saucepot of water to a boil. Add the peppers and cook for about four minutes or until the peppers are just cooked. Drain and shock in ice cold water.
- Combine the scallops with the citrus juices, oil, herbs and seasonings. Toss in the peppers and mushrooms. Marinate for one hour.
- Assemble the kebabs, alternating peppers with the scallops, using the mushrooms at either end of the skewers.
- Over a preheated grill set on high, grill the kebabs for about five minutes turning once, until the scallops have become firm in texture to the touch.