Yield: two portions
- 1/4 c. Spanish onions, diced
- 1 each Anaheim pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 each tomatillos, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, virgin
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice, fresh
- 1/2 c. tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, fresh and chopped
- 6 each large eggs
- 1/4 c. half and half
- 1/2 c. pepper jack cheese, shredded
- to taste pepper
First Step procedure:
- Sauté the vegetables in the olive oil until tender.
Second Step procedure:
- Add the tomatoes, cilantro and lime juice. Chill.
Third Step procedure:
- Combine the eggs and half and half. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the beaten egg mixture in a non-stick pan. Cook over medium heat, using a spatula to gently move the eggs around the pan, allowing them to cook evenly, until eggs are set.
- Add the cooked vegetables to the omelet and top with cheese. Season with pepper. Fold the omelet in half and serve family style.