Yield: ten portions
- 1 whole loaf of Italian bread, cut into 10, 1/4' slices
- 1 Tbsp. virgin olive oil
- to taste salt
- to taste ground black pepper
- 4 each red bell peppers
- 10 oz. canned artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 Tbsp. virgin olive oil
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
First Step procedure:
- Drizzle the slices of bread with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Dry the slices of bread in a 400° oven.
Second Step procedure:
- Roast red peppers until the skin is charred and black. Peel and discard the skin and seeds. Cut the peppers into julienne thin strips.
Third Step procedure:
- Sauté the peppers and artichokes in the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the mozzarella and season with salt and pepper.
- Top the bread with the pepper cheese mixture and serve.