Yield: two portions
- 6 each large eggs
- 1/4 c. parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 2 Tbsp. clarified butter
- Thoroughly beat together the eggs, parsley and seasonings.
- Preheat a small sauté pan or omelet pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour in 1/2 of the egg mixture and push the cooked egg into the center of the raw mixture.
- Pull the cooked egg to the center of the pan, allowing the raw egg to flow onto the pan. This will allow the eggs to cook evenly without becoming tough.
- Add the fillings of your choice, and finish by placing your pan under the broiler until the center of the eggs cook and puff slightly and the filling is hot.
- Fold the omelet onto the plate.
- Serve the frittata by placing the cooked egg open face on the plate.
- Optional garnishes:
Pre-cooked onions, peppers, mushrooms (or other vegetables) ham, bacon, herbs and cheeses