Yield: two portions
- 1 tsp. fresh sage, chopped fine
- 1 tsp. fresh basil, chopped fine
- 1/2 lb. turkey breast cutlets, pounded thin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/2 c. cooked hot Italian sausage, diced
- 1/2 c. scallions, sliced
- 1/2 c. red sweet bell peppers, diced
- 2 c. fresh baby spinach
- 2 c. diced tomatoes
- 1/4 c. fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 c. water or turkey broth
- 4 c. cooked white rice
- Coat the turkey cutlets with the fresh herbs.
- Combine the salt, pepper and flour.
- Dredge the turkey in the seasoned flour.
- Over high heat in a large sauté pan, add the oil and carefully lay in the turkey. Brown the turkey cutlets on both sides and hold them in a warm oven.
- Add the garlic and the sausage to the same pan and brown the sausage.
- Add the scallions and peppers, cooking until they are bright in color.
- Add the spinach, tomatoes, basil and rice, cooking until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Serve the turkey over a bed of the tomato rice mixture.