Yield: four portions
- 2 c. cooked meat, such as roast pork chopped
- 2 c. cooked potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 c. clarified butter
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. roasted garlic
- 1/2 c. chives, chopped
- 6 c. Swiss chard, washed, chopped
- as needed clarified butter
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper, ground
- 4 each large eggs
- 1 qt. water
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a large sauté pan over high heat, brown the meat and potatoes in the butter.
- Add the chives and the roasted garlic. Toss until completely combined. Adjust the seasoning and hold warm for service.
- Over high heat, sauté the Swiss chard for about 1 minute or until it is wilted. Season and hold warm.
- In a small low-sided saucepot, bring the water, lemon and salt to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Add the eggs and cook for about 3 minutes, or until the eggs are slightly firm in the center.
- Plate the hash on the plate, top with some Swiss chard to form a nest and top with an egg.
- Garnish with some edible flowers.