Yield: four portions
- 1 bun. broccoli, cut into spears, blanched and shocked
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 each large eggs
- 1/4 c. oregano, chopped
- 1/4 c. parsley, chopped
- 1/4 c. virgin olive oil
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper in one large bowl.
- In another large bowl, beat the eggs, cheese, oregano and parsley until thoroughly combined.
- Dredge the broccoli in the flour and then coat it completely with the egg mixture.
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, heat the olive oil and place the dipped broccoli into the oil. Brown it on all sides.
- The broccoli may be served immediately, or it can be topped with additional grated Parmesan cheese and baked for 5 additional minutes in a 400º oven. Bake the broccoli until the cheese has turned golden brown.