Yield: ten, 2" souffles
- 1 Tbsp. powdered gelatin
- 1/4 c. hazelnut coffee flavoring
- 2 each whole eggs
- 3 each egg yolks
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 lb. white chocolate, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. instant espresso crystals
- 2 Tbsp. hot water
- 2 1/2 c. heavy cream, beaten to stiff peaks
- Bloom the gelatin in the hazelnut flavoring by sprinkling the gelatin over the liquid and mixing it together. Allow the gelatin to absorb the liquid and become thick.
- Combine the eggs and sugar over a hot water bath until the sugar is dissolved. Beat until they double in size.
- Melt the white chocolate over a hot water bath.
- Combine the espresso and hot water until dissolved.
- Thoroughly combine the bloomed gelatin, melted white chocolate and the espresso into the warm egg mixture.
- Beat over an ice-water bath until cool and slightly thickened.
- Fold in the beaten heavy cream.
- Pour into molds and freeze at least 6 hours or overnight.