Yield: two portions
- 1 c. flour, all-purpose
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper, fresh ground
- 1/4 c. virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, butterflied into thin pieces
- 2 tsp. fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c. parsley, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp. capers, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken into the flour and coat completely.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the oil. Then add the chicken and cook them until they are browned on both sides. Finish cooking the chicken, removing the completed pieces and keeping them warm.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until it browns lightly. Add the lemon, parsley and capers and stir until the sauce thickens slightly. Swirl in the butter until it melts, but do not bring the sauce back to a boil.
- Serve the cooked chicken topped with the sauce, over fresh- cooked pasta topped with your selection of imported Italian cheese.