Yield: one sandwich
- 2 each slices of Italian bread, cut 1” thick
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. roasted red tomatoes
- 3 each slices of proscuitto ham, very thinly cut
- 2 each slices of Taleggio cheese (about 1/8 lb.)
- 6 each basil leaves
- Over medium-high heat in a non-stick sauté pan, add the oil and place both slices of bread into the pan. Toast the bread and flip the pieces over.
- While the second sides are toasting, layer one side of the bread with the cheese and the basil on top. Layer the other side of the bread with the ham and tomatoes. Allow the sandwich to toast to golden brown on the second side.
- Fold the sandwich over and cut in half.
- Serve hot.