Yield: six portions
- 1/4 c. clarified butter
- 2 lb. pork loin cut into cubes
- 1/4 c. fresh garlic, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 c. Spanish onions, sliced
- 1/2 c. roasted red peppers, sliced
- 6 c. mustard greens, trimmed washed, chopped
- 1/2 c. fresh basil, chiffonade
- 2 c. dry white wine
- to taste salt
- to taste ground black pepper
- Over high heat in a heavy-bottomed saucepot, brown the pork in the butter thoroughly.
- Add the garlic and onions, and cook until the onions are soft and lightly browned.
- Add the peppers, greens, wine and basil, and cook over medium heat until the greens are soft and the pork is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Toss with your favorite pasta or bean dish and serve with fresh-grated cheese and fresh-cracked pepper.