Yield: eight portions
- 1/4 c. salad oil
- 1 Tbsp. sliced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 lb. large shrimp, raw, shell and vein removed
- 2 c. button mushrooms, stemmed and wash
- 1/2 c. cooked ham, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. water or chicken stock
- 1/2 c. hoisin sauce
- 1/4 c. chives
- as needed ground black pepper
- Heat a wok over high heat.
- Add the ginger and stir quickly, frying the ginger lightly.
- Add the shrimp and the mushrooms, continuing to stir until the shrimp are pink and the mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Add the ham and continue stirring until it is hot.
- Add the water or stock, hoisin sauce, chives and pepper. Toss until the shrimp are completely coated and the sauce is hot.
- Serve immediately over fried rice.