Yield: four portions
- 1/4 c. salad oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 3/4 c. celery, sliced on the bias
- 1/2 c. scallions, sliced on the bias
- 3/4 c. green beans, cooked until just tender and cut in half
- 3/4 c. red peppers, sliced
- 4 c. cooked rice, cold
- 1/2 c. sesame oil
- 1/4 c. rice wine
- 1/2 c. chicken stock or water
- as needed ground black pepper
- In a wok over high heat, add the oil and garlic. Stir quickly for about 20 seconds until the garlic sizzles.
- Add the celery and scallions, stirring quickly until they are bright in color.
- Add the green beans and the peppers, stirring until they are hot.
- Add the rice and stir with a chopping motion to break the rice apart.
- Add the sesame oil, rice wine, stock and pepper. Stir until the liquid steams and completely warms the rice.