Yield: six dinner portions
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cleaned, cut, washed, and drained
- 1 c. Caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 c. fish shaped crackers
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- as needed whole black pepper in a peppermill
- Cover the drained lettuce with a damp cloth in a bowl and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to allow the lettuce to crisp.
- When you are ready to serve the salads, toss the lettuce with the crackers, and place some salad on each plate. Top with fish crackers and grated cheese, and grind some pepper onto each salad.