Yield: four portions
- 2 c. water
- 1 c. rice
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 each small onion, chopped
- 1 each large tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 2 Tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped
- to taste salt
- Heat water over high heat in small saucepan until it boils. Add rice and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until water is absorbed and the rice is fluffy; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add cumin seeds and chopped onion and stir to combine. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, until the onion has softened and is translucent.
- Add tomatoes and curry powder and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and stir the mixture well. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked rice to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Garnish the dish with coriander leaves and serve warm.