Yield: two portions
- as needed nonstick cooking spray
- 2 each chicken breasts
- 1 c. Marsala wine
- 1/4 c. white wine vinegar
- 5 each pieces of roasted bell peppers, jarred, chopped
- 1 each clove of garlic, diced
- 3 Tbsp. capers
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. couscous
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, brown the chicken breasts on both sides.
- Add the Marsala, vinegar, peppers, garlic, and capers. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.(Not much sauce mixture will be left.) Season to taste.
- While chicken is cooking, bring chicken broth to boil in a small saucepan. Add couscous to broth. Stir, cover, and remove from the heat. Couscous will be ready when the broth has been absorbed. Fluff couscous with a fork before serving.
- To serve, place the cooked chicken breast atop couscous on a plate and spoon the sauce over the chicken.