Yield: four appetizer portions
- 2 lb. mussels, fresh, cleaned
- 1 c. onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. hot chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- to taste salt and pepper
- Put clean mussels in foil or 13' x 9' baking dish. Top with the remaining ingredients. Seal to make a pouch or cover the pan with aluminum foil and seal tightly.
- Bake at 300°F for 20 minutes in oven, or grill over charcoal.
- Remove the mussels from the baking dish. Resesrve the onion/garlic mixture from the pan for the sauce.
- Serve with the sauce and an ice-cold beer.
- Whisk together vinegar, soy sauce and salt and pepper with the onion/garlic mixture from the pan.