Yield: three cups
- 1 each eggplant, large, peeled, cut in 1/2-inch slabs
- 1/4 c. olive oil, virgin
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, fresh, chopped fine
- 1 tsp. garlic, fresh chopped fine
- 1/2 c. yogurt, low-fat
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. tahini paste
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Coat the eggplant pieces with the garlic and oil. Grill over high heat until the eggplant is charred on the outside and soft in the center. Cool completely.
- Purée the remaining ingredients with the eggplant and refrigerate until ready to use.